Join Our Team.
Do you love dogs and cats and love the outdoors? Then dog walking and cat sitting could be a great fit for you!
Many people who have worked for us have said dog walking has been their best job ever and that we're a great company to work for.
Most of our walkers are writers, musicians, artists, freelancers, designers, etc. The dog walking schedule works very well for creative people with other gigs, who want to supplement their income.
We are dedicated to diversity and hire equally, regardless of race, skin color, gender, ancestry, religion, national origin or sexual orientation. If we have an opening and you meet the qualifications below, you're hired :)
The schedule is Mondays through Fridays and you must be available between 11 am and 6:30 pm each day (no students who need to leave early for classes, etc). We are always busy, so you will get the hours you need.
In addition to your regular schedule weekend, holiday and pet sitting work is also available. You will be required to work some holidays and weekends. Weekends and holidays are paid at a higher rate, so it's a great way to earn extra money.
You will average 30 hours per week. You will earn up to 40 hours of paid time off. And we offer health benefits!
* We only hire employees, not Independent Contractors like most other dog walking companies. Employees get all protections offered under NYS law. Hiring Independent Contractors is illegal, please be aware if anyone tries to hire you as an Independent Contractor, know your rights!*
- love dogs and cats and be comfortable around all breeds, sizes, etc.
- have a working smartphone.
- be ready for a physically demanding job.
- be ready to work outside in all kinds of weather.
- be able to work independently while also taking direction.
- be willing to commit to at least 6 months to a year, preference will be given to people who can commit to a longer period of time.
- be able to work in the US legally.
Professional dog handling experience is not necessary but is a huge plus.
There will be a full reference and background check.
If all of the above fits you and you are interested in the position please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter let us know why you will make a good dog walker. Please explain your personal and/or professional experience with animals. We will contact you if we're interested to set up an interview.